Monday, August 1, 2011

What Have You Played This Week?

This ended up being another busy week for me, work wise. I did get some gaming time in here and there, but some of my usual games fell by the wayside.

Tiny Tower – iPhone – My tower is now 60 floors high and I have 110 residents.

Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time – PS3 – i've played a few more hours now. I still think it has taken a graphical drop but it feels like there's more action on the screen. A nice new touch is the flying parts, its been too long since i've played a space game and these sections help scratch that itch. The clank time stuff is interesting and works well, I just feel the tutorial wasn't as clear as it could've been. What helped in that tutorial was the other character showing how it was done. Some of the story appears to be missing, especially when you meet a friend of your fathers.

Dark Void – Xbox 360 – I played a bit more. There are moments in this game when it gets hard when the game throws several enemies at you. But after a couple of retries it's easy to get through them.

Puzzle Quest 2 – Xbox 360 – I dived back in and played for a hour or two. Its fun, and I made some more progress. I managed to forge the two hammer parts back together now.

Pocket Academy – iPhone – i'm a big fan of Kairosoft games and when I saw they had released a new one I quickly bought it. Their previous game, Hot Springs Story, was fine but this see's them back to Game Dev Story quality. So far i'm only in my 5th year of my first school. Like previous games you build up your thing, add more parts to it, and aim to get better. There are several additions this time with you being able to provide job advice for students, being able to send clubs into competitions, and more. It does start slow and money can be tight, but it was my first go and after the first couple of years it does get easier. I'm really enjoying it and i'm kinda hoping their Andoird racing game comes to iPhone soon. This game does not support game center.

Streets Of Rage – PS3 – I downloaded this a while back as i'm a PlayStation Plus Subscriber. I only played through the first couple of bosses but I enjoyed myself. I never played this game before on the Mega Drive, I may have played another game in the series but I can't really remember. I was surprised by how well it looks, the characters are large and their animations are clear. There is a good variety of moves and enemies to fight against.

Golden Axe – PS3 – This was another free game I got being a PlayStation Plus Member. I had a later version on the Mega Drive but this was my first time playing this one. It's short, I think I completed it in around 40 minutes. It's also very hard and I didn't enjoy the controls. It is free but still, I don't think it's worth many people playing it as they will find it very hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment