Sunday, January 10, 2010

What Have You Played This Week?

I've Played A Fair bit. i've got a Wii console again. unfortunately when i last had one i had to sell it, but i got this for Christmas which was nice. so i'm going to try and play some of the better Wii games out there. i've already started with Klonoa.

Football Manager 09 – PC – Decided to start something new with Cheltenham. Not far in so far, but having an average start to the season. In the Bayern Munich game, I won the World Cup with Italy.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl – Wii – This is my favourite Wii Game. When I had a Wii before, before I had to seel it, I played this game the most, so when I had a chance to get a Wii again this was the game I wanted most. I think it's one of the best looking games on the Wii, and can easy take up the most of your time. At the moment i've been working through the subspace emissary mode. I enjoy the story, the cutscenes look really good, and the gameplay is fun. This really is a must have for Wii Owners.

Wii Sports Resort – Wii – This came with the Wii and I can see why people in enjoy it. Some of the activities are boring, like canoeing, but new activities like Archery are fun and use the motion controls in a logical way. There is plenty to do and in each activity there are additional things to unlock. Again, this is one of the must have games for the Wii.

Klonoa – Wii – I played the demo for this game when it was on the Playstation 1 and enjoyed it, but I never played the game. The Wii version has been designed for the Wii and redesigned. Graphically it looks great. The art style is simple, the character design for Klonoa is distinctive which all adds up to one of the best looking Wii Games. The story isn't great, but there is a great twist at the end which explains one of the short comings in the story early on. The game is a platformer that slowly mixes it up as the game progresses, and it has enemies which also slowly change in difficulty and approach need to defeat them. The game is fairly traditional in how it plays, some people may call it oldschool, but it fits the platformer it is and the bosses in the game. The game fell under the radar for most Wii gamers which is a shame. It is a good 8 hour game, with unloackables to increase that, that is a solid single player experience. The story is easy to follow, there are very simple controls, and a slowly increasing difficulty makes the games pacing just perfect.

Uncharted 2 – PS3 – I Was in the mutliplayer Beta and loved it. When I finally got the game for Christmas, I jumped straight into the Multiplayer and its still great. The Co-Op is also fun and challenging. The main story is very engaging and hooks you from the off. The graphics are out standing, especially the vistas. The voice acting is top, perhaps even better and more natural than the first game. I'm coming up to the train stage and i'm excited for it. I've heard a lot about it, and many other parts of the game too, and can't wait for it. The puzzles are fairly simple but they fit with the game. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game brings.


What have you been playing this week? feel free to add your weeks gaming selection in the comments, or comment on my selection for this week


No comments:

Post a Comment