Sunday, October 31, 2010


What Have You Played This Week?

This weekend turned into another where I had high hopes of playing lots of games, but ended up playing very few. Lol, who knows, perhaps next week i'll do better.

Flight Control HD – PS3 – this game is cheap and makes use of my PlayStation Move controller. I know its been popular on the iPhone/iPad and I was curious to see what all the fuss is about. The menus are simple and to the point as are the controls. Trophies are also fairly easy to get. Truthfully I enjoyed the game, its simple and addictive and well priced. Its no graphics powerhouse but it doesn’t really need to be.

BIT. Trip Beat – Wii – I had got some WiiWare points and looked for a couple of games. I had played the demo for this game when Nintendo experimented with demoes. Its fun and and has great music, but ultimately the game is hard. The graphics are good, but can get in the way of the blocks you have to hit. The game also makes great use of the speaker in the WiiMote. It will take some time before I can say i've completed the game.

Art Style: Light Trax – Wii – this was the other game I bought with WiiWare Points. The game has a great minimalistic look to it and some suprising depth to gameplay. It lacks explaniation of controls, but with the WiiMote's few buttons its easy to work out what does what. This is a racing game that looks like the bike racers from Tron, but it does have some simple yet clever puzzle elements. This is another game that could take me a while to complete.

Did you manage to play more games than I have over the week, or do you have any comments on my experiences or questions about the games i've played? If you do, feel free to add them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment