Sunday, May 23, 2010


What Have You Played This Week?

Looking at the list it shows that I haven't played much, but it feels like I played a lot.

Football Manager 10 – PC – I stopped playing as San Marino. It was difficult, but I noticed that San Marino was no longer listed as being based in San Marino and listed as being an Italian club. One of the reasons why I started the club was to become great, make players get San Marino nationality, and make the national team good. So as this didn't work, nor changing it in the editor, I started a new game as FC Bayern.

Enchanted Arms – PS3 – This wasn't the first game in my Swapgame list...actually it was pretty far down so I was surprised when it arrived. I'm only 5 hours in so I can't say much about the story, but so far, the graphics are average and show their age but the cutscenes do look good. The story so far has been fairly typical with a few high points. Combat is simple and the tutorial has explained it clearer, its like Final Fantasy Tactics. What is strange is I can't access the XMB from in the game, but at least i'm able to save anywhere I need to.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey – PS3 – I finished the campaign and tried to complete the missions, but I only got around half way through them before I had enough. I also tried other levels of difficulty, but found I preferred the arcade style gameplay and not the more realistic difficulties. Overall the game was fun, the graphics are good and the arcade gameplay is enjoyable. But there are perhaps too many missions and near the end things got boring and repetitive.

ModNation Racers – Demo – PSP – For Me, Motorstorm Arctic Edge is the best racing game on the PSP so I was really interested in seeing how ModNation Racers compared. Whilst graphically its fine, for me the handling wasn't quite right in the demo. I had a couple of tracks to try out, and whilst they were different, I didn't feel like the handling was right on either of them. The Kart racing style was fun with the weapons and I can imagine the mutliplayer would be great. The Demo also had some track editor stuff, enough to make a basic track, but it didn't allow you to save it or share it. Also I found that the majority of the editor icons were to small to see, without trying each one, what they were. I spent time getting used to it and made some tracks and it does work fairly well.

what have you been playing this week? feel free to add your weeks gaming selection in the comments, or you can comment on the game i played this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment