Sunday, March 14, 2010

What Have You Played This Week?

Unfortunately, again I didn't play many game. There was a lot of GDC news over the week which left me with little time to play a lot. Although I did manage to start and complete Super Mario Galaxy this week.

Football Manager 10 – PC – thought I would have a go with another team. I'm now Annan and i'm near the end of the season, challenging for automatic promotion with Livingston.

Super Mario Galaxy – Wii – I've heard soo much hype about this game so I decided to try it. First off, graphically the game is amazing...even after nearly 3 years. Its hard to think of many Wii games that come close to Super Mario Galaxy in terms of looks, although i'd argue Okami (which I previously was playing) does compare. The story adds little to the game and really only serves as a way to justify the game, with the gameplay and worlds taking the lead in driving the player on. I had several issues with the controls and camera to the point of frustration. The simpler designed levels were fine, but when the more intricate/interesting levels came along...i found the camera and controls to be a big issue. I completed the Story but didn't go for the extra levels cause it would've been too frustrating. The ending was epic and a good boss battle, and for the most part most boss battles were fun. I like the game, it looks amazing, and the level design is fairy innovative, but I can't see why it got all the high marks it did. For me the camera and control issues were enough to drop some points. Still for a Wii owner, this is a must play. I have high hopes for Super Mario Galaxy 2 that it'll be a more refined product.

Wip3out HD Fury – PS3 – it had been a while since I last played this game so going in I was a bit rusty. I played some great online matches one night which left me only needing to win the HD races to get all the Wip3out HD liveries. So I set about completing the last selection of races, Meltdown I think its called. I tried playing them on elite but it was hopeless so I set the difficulty to easy. Whilst the racing was more easy, I also found it more fun doing it this way. I did complete Meltdown, I got the final HD liveries. Now all that's left is to finish the Fury races.

What have you been playing this week? feel free to add your weeks gaming selection in the comments, or comment on my selection for this week


No comments:

Post a Comment