Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why I Decided To Create QTE Gamers

As a fan of videogames, I regularly checked the web for all the news I could find. But, I was beginning to get annoyed with sites who focused more on jokes than the stories. It was becoming common to find a short news story being filled with jokes and opinions, making it hard to get to the story. It got to a point where I was reading stories and not knowing what game they were referring to. There were also stories where the jokes and comments were very American centred and I just didn't understand it, being a Brit an all.

I had been exposed to twitter in late 2008 and could see its potential and how big it could become. At the start of 2009 I was laid off from WoolWorths when the company went under. I decided that I should do something to keep me busy whilst I look job. I decided to use this new Twitter thing for reporting videogame news.

To report on Videogames news, to become different from the rest of the site, I knew I had to come up with something new so I decided to focus on Twitter. Also, after becoming frustrated with other news sites, I decided that I should focus on brining just the news, keep the jokes out of it. And that's how QTE Gamers was born, it all started with the desire to keep myself busy whilst I was unemployed, and the want to bring news back to being reported as news and not personal comment/joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment