Sunday, July 24, 2011

What Have You Played This Week?

I had hoped this week would give me more gaming time but I was wrong, I ended up being busier than I thought. But I did manage to complete a game and play a few other titles.

Football Manager 2010 – PC – Europa league was a bit difficult, it came at a time when I was still trying to improve my squad and everyone wasn't quite fit but i've made it into the first league stage.

Pokèmon White – DS – Not too much played. Mostly i've been catching Pokèmon online and transferring them to my game.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen – PS3 – I did manage to complete the game. I did the story missions and additional missions for both the Autobots and Decepticons. Honestly, its not a great game. You get far more story by watching the movie and there weren't many times I was really enjoying the game. The trophies are a bit of a pain and I only got around half of them. I only managed to catch 1 other person playing multiplayer for the few weeks I had the game. Even if your a fan of Transformers or the second movie, its hard to recommend the game. I feel the first movie tie in game was perhaps better, more attention seemed to be on the transformers than in this game. But at least this game didn't feel broken, it played fine throughout.

Tiny Tower – iPhone – My tower is now 53 floors high and has 90 residents.

Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time – PS3 – this is my current rented game. I played and owned the previous 2 PS3 games and loved them. From the off the characters are still funny and well written. The only shame I’ve found so far is that this game seems less technically impressive than the previous 2 Ratchet games. A couple of examples are some water looks very blocky and some in-game animations also look blocky. It doesn’t detract from the gameplay and i'm only a few hours in and having fun.

Dark Void – Xbox 360 – I had been playing this a while back but stopped for some unknown reason. I'm now onto episode 3. its fine...graphically it does have its moments and the flying combat sequences, whilst perhaps running a bit too long, are fun enough and challenging enough at the same time. The story is a bit average but overall i'm enjoying playing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment