Sunday, March 6, 2011

What Have You Played This Week?

Your eyes are not deceiving you, I did play Darkstalkers. In fact I managed to get in several hours. Most of my time was spent playing Pokèmon White. I didn't intend to get it, I just forgot I pre-ordered it. Soo...11 hours later it kinda took over my gaming week, lol.

Football Manager 2010 – PC – I've had a great start with Havant & Waterlooville. Injuries have been annoying and i've had to make use of the loan market. I'm top of the league, had a fun little FA Cup run...and overall things appear to be going great and I look set to get promoted already, its coming up to the end of December.

Pokèmon White – DS – Like I said above. I completely forgot I pre-ordered it. But now I have it, I don't regret it coming at all. Its fair to say I like the traditional Pokèmon games. What's really refreshing with this is that they've made the location soo different and they've shaken up the Pokèmon. Having all new Pokèmon is great, but they've also moved around where they are, so you won't come across bug Pokèmon until after your second badge. The story is thought provocative, you and the other main characters are fine, and the flow of the game is great. Online is down at the moment and will be until possibly April so I can't comment on that yet. If your a fan I do recommend it, but it will take a bit longer to complete than previous games.

Darkstalkers – PS3 – Yes I got back in. Pokèmon tried to gain all my attention but eventually my DS needed a re-charge. It was a bit of a shock jumping back in during a boss battle. It took several deaths to re adjust myself to the controls then learn what I needed to do to kill the boss. It was the first boss and I got through...and then I played right through to the second boss. The game does seem to be getting easier the more I level up my weapons and learn new moves. I'm quickly back into the story and enjoying myself. Some of the puzzles are simple but they can take a little time to complete and the general slow pace of moving around the world can make the slow moments drag on, but overall its fun and combat is great and has a good weight to it, for example in games like Dynasty Warriors weighty combat is substituted for the spectacle of killing hundreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment