Sunday, December 6, 2009

What Have You Played This Week?

Not a lot this week. I wasn't as far into Batman as I thought so that took up some time. I got some Demo's in and enjoyed both of them.

Football Manager 09 – PC – I'm Still With Bayern Munich but i'm also now the Italy National Manager. I've never been their manager before so this should be interesting. Would love to get the new game, but unfortunately I can't afford it, but what is great about the Football Manager games is that you can play them for a long time, even if a new version has come out (typically as the newest Football Manager needs 1 patch for it to get great.)


Bayonetta – Demo - PS3 – I downloaded this big demo not really knowing what to expect. Its not a bad demo, it shows the battle, gameplay, and some of the story, but it throws it at you very quick. You may also need to change some of the options, like camera sensitivity and axis. The gameplay is very hack and slash but its done well. It was very fluid and very easy to pull together combo's and huge attacks. The graphics looked ok. The detail looks a little flat/washed out, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay.

Batman Arkham Asylum – PS3 – I finished this game and enjoyed all of it. The story was interesting with a few good plot twists. There was a predictable ending but it fitted with the story and doesn't feel cheap. I never felt things got repetitive, I had all the equipment and enjoyed trying it all out on the bad guys, coming up with new ways to defeat them. The thing that disappointed me was the end boss battle. It became very traditional and simple which is a shame. The scarecrow parts of the game were a nice way to break things up and offered a nice change of style, especially a interesting re-cap of the start of the game. I highly recommend this game. It is a great Batman game, and a great game in general. I tried the challenge rooms...and I couldn't get a high score on any of them. But I did enjoy trying them, and the Joker rooms were good enough to get the PS3 version alone.


Little Big Planet – Demo – PSP – This demo was great. The graphics on the PSP looked really good and it felt like Little Big Planet. It only had 2 levels which is a shame, but those levels alone show how the game level design has improved since the PS3 version. They were simple levels but, like the PS3 version, you can see key object markers which will make you come back. The load times were also very good. I recommend if you have played or are interested in Little Big Planet, get the demo. Its a small download and will quickly show how good it is.


What have you been playing this week? feel free to add your weeks gaming selection in the comments, or comment on my selection for this week




No comments:

Post a Comment